Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

freaky friday: because i never write on fridays

i realize that i have not written this week. without being too gross, this was due to a massive kidney infection complete with kidney stones that landed me in the ER and on the couch for much of the week. i am recovering nicely and hope to be back in top form very soon (i have a rathe unforgiving, slit-to-the-waist sequined gown i plan to wear for the entirety of halloween weekend, and a swollen midsection just won't do). in the meantime, my apologies for my extended absence, and i leave you with this exceptionally delicious selection from DETAILS magainze's pictorial on the double-breasted jacket (photographed by stephen shore, styled by paul stura):
.

which i recommend you accompany with this admittedly hilarious and unfortunately all too true assessment on the progession of the style identity of the modern male, penned by the accomplished and clever mary hk choi, and brought to my attention by my good friend michael.

p.s. i have not been entirely unproductive with my time. during my sick leave, i found the most perfect leather miniskirt (with pockets!!!!!) from the loft, marked down from $128 to $39.99, a vintage cross-body leather purse (brahmin!!!!!) at the local thrift shop, and three designer bras for less than $20 apiece from my new favorite online haunt, asos (seriously decadent, easily addictive, and wallet-friendly--deadly combination).

1 comment: